Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Review: In Search of Sam by Kristin Butcher


Hey guys!

I literally just finished reading In Search of Sam by Kristin Butcher. I received a copy of the book on Netgalley to be read and reviewed. So here's my review! :)



Review:
The book was quite slow in the beginning. I honestly was quite confused. However, as the book went on, I understood what was happening. This isn't my usual lovey dovey book that I read. As a matter of fact, there was absolutely no love story built into this book which is perfectly fine. Normally, that would bore me, but this managed to keep my attention long enough for me to finish the book.
It started to pick up the pace further down the book. I found the book quite inspirational to be honest. Dani, is such a strong-willed, smart and driven girl. She knows how to get what she wants and she manages to get it all done. She's so sweet. I was honestly inspired for my future to get out there and be awesome like she did.
Her mother and stepfather are pretty amazing parents as well. I know, her mom seems a bit controlling in the beginning, but she was just worried and that's the mother's job right? Her stepfather was so sweet and understanding the whole time though. It's unbelievable how supportive they are though. Her mother is also a smart, driven woman. Her and Dani have so much in common.
Honestly, if anyone reads this and doesn't feel inspired regarding their future, I'd be astonished.
As much as I loved the book, I'm only giving it a 3 simply because it was honestly kind of boring. I'm glad that there weren't that many pages though. If it were much longer, I know for a fact it wouldn't be able to keep my attention.
What makes this book different from all others? And why should anyone care?
This book is plenty different from other books. For starters there was no love story (not that this is the first to do so). It's mainly about finding out about her past and who she is.
Did this book meet my high expectations?
I didn't really know what to expect, but I would say it did.
Would I recommend this book and to who? 
Yes I would. I'd recommend it to anyone who's feeling hopeless in their future and who needs to get motivated whether it be for a school project or just life in general.

~Sammy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...