Saturday, March 1, 2014

Review: Wonderland Volume 3 by Raven Gregory

Hey guys!

I finished Wonderland Volume 3 awhile ago. I don't know why I didn't post this sooner. The review has just been sitting here. :P Sorry guys. I know I haven't been active at all lately. Anyways here it is!


Cover:

Review:
I didn't read the volumes before this (1 & 2) but I understood the story completely. It's really cool! I love it and really want to read the other volumes now. The story did a great job explaining itself and artwork was amazing. I think that artwork is a very important part of a comic book aside for its story. A lot of people actually just look at the pictures rather than read the words and get to know the story. But you know what they say.. A picture is worth a million words. Or at maybe it's thousand.... I can't quite remember. Oh well. The artwork was fabulous nevertheless. I'm glad I got the opportunity to read this.
The queens were quite interesting characters. I love this new version of Alice in Wonderland. It's completely different. It's not "Alice in Wonderland" at all actually. It's just Wonderland. But it's a total new Wonderland which is utterly fabulous! Though I don't think that everyone will be quite so fond of it as I am. Some people like to stay with the classic fairy tale which I respect, because sometimes I'm like that as well.
Wonderland was honestly a fast read for me. Well, all comics are fast reads for me. But some just bore me after a bit and I just stop somewhere in the middle. Especially with comics on my computer since I don't get much time on here! So it's quite astonishing that I read it so quickly -- not that you guys would really know. :P
What makes this book different from all others? And why should anyone care? This book is different, because it's a new Wonderland. It's extraordinary really. I've never seen a Wonderland like this. And if people liked the original Wonderland, I think they should get a taste of this one. It's really interesting.
Did this book meet my high expectations? Well, I didn't really hold it in much high esteem at first, so yes. It did.
Would I recommend this book and to who? I would definitely. To all the fans of the classics like Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, etc. -- but are also open to retellings of them -- and are open to comic books.

Let me know if you guys decide to read this and what you think!
~Sammy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...