Friday, November 15, 2013

Bloodthirsty by Flynn Meaney Review

Hey guys!

So, today I finished Bloodthirsty by Flynn Meaney. Here's my review. I hope you enjoy!


Cover:
Review:
I loved Bloodthirsty! Honestly, it was amazing! I'm so glad my friends recommended it to me. It's not your average "Twilight" vampire book. It's an amazing book, which isn't actually that much about vampires. Yes, it does have to do with vampires, it's just the main character isn't techniquely a vamp. There is a book that is about vampires which starts this whole thing that goes on in the story. That book is called... Bloodthirsty! Hence the title to this novel. Anyways, I don't want to giveaway the story, so I'll leave you at that to go find out what happens. It's truly interesting. Not to mention HILARIOUS! :D
Man, Finbar is just. He's just such your average teen. Now, I don't see what's so wrong with the name "Finbar" but oh well. If the author and the character and other characters all see something wrong with it, I guess there might just be something wrong with it. But I know some one named Finbar and nobody mocks him for his name. He's honestly a jock... :P I guess it's all in your perspective of how you view yourself and your attitude. Hm... Never really thought of it that way until I read this book. I mean I didn't think it all mattered on your name, but I thought it did have a lot to do with your looks. Which I think it kinda still does, but it is more about how you present yourself and feel about yourself. Yes, Finbar did kinda teach me that. Or it might be some weird connection from my current lesson in English class... We're reading Beowulf and we were talking about how he presented himself to Hrothgar.. Anyways back to Finbar... I don't know, I think he's quite awesome. It's kinda annoying how everyone parties (not that I don't love to party) it's just sometimes they're not all that great...
Luke is just FABULOUS! Hahaha xD I love Luke. I mean he's just such a happy child (or teen...). Also how he's so kind to everyone. It's sweet. And yet he is somehow that guy that everyone loves. Ok.. Those guys are usually sweet and hot and what-not but still! A lot of those people actually tend to be jerks... Or at least his friends. I love that scene at the party where he stands up for Finbar. It's so sweet! ^_^
Kate seems like a really nice girl. That bit after the party where she explains everything... Wow. I did not expect that. But now that I look back on it, it seems pretty obvious. Either I was blind, or just too into the book to notice. :P Finbar and her can seriously relate pretty well. It's nice to have someone like that in your life. :)
Jenny is an awesome friend. Though her feelings toward him were pretty obvious in my opinion.Though her confession to him was hilarious! :P I mean her way of telling him was by saying "Turn me"! ^_^ It's just amazingly weird.
Finbar's parents are amazing. It explains a lot actually. Like how Finbar and Luke are who they are. Parents. :P
Anyways this book was just amazing! :D I love how Flynn (author) combined all the different vampire interpretations into one (aka Vampire Finbar). And all the girls' reactions were just completely to die for! So I'm rating this a 5/5.
Rating
What makes this book different from all others? And why should anyone care? Well this book is different because of it's take on vampires. Not to mention it's not your average vampire book. As a matter of fact, the ideas in this book seem incredibly original! I've never even heard of a book or story line before. I love it. :)
Did this book meet my high expectations? Yes it did. I actually didn't have that high of an expectation, so it surpassed my expectations.
Would I recommend this book and to who? Yes! To anyone who needs a good laugh. :) If you're feeling down please pick up this book! :D I promise it won't disappoint you.

~Sammy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...