Sunday, March 24, 2013

Interview with Hannah Harvey


Hey guys!

I literally just had an interview with Hannah Harvey. So I decided to post it. :) Enjoy. If you don't know who Hannah is, there is a little author bio section below written by herself. :)

Author Bio:

My name is Hannah Harvey, I'm just breaking into the self-publishing universe. I'm 21 years old, and I'm a writer of Young Adult Contemporary Fiction. I'm also a student with the Open University, working towards a BA (Hons) Degree.
I started writing seriously a few years ago, when I came across National Novel Writing Month, and since then I've been working harder and harder on my writing, leading to the release of my first book 'How I Got Here' in 2012.

Connect:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Interview:


1. When and how did you realize that you wanted to become a writer?

I always loved writing but it wasn't until a couple of years ago when I started taking part in nanowrimo, that I realised I really wanted to take my writing further.

2. How do you come up with the ideas for your books?

A lot of different ways, it could be a place I visit, a picture I see or music. Anything can spark an idea.

3. How do you come up with the names for your characters?

It usually takes me a while, sometimes I  look at a list of names and pick one. Sometimes I know what letter I want it to begin with, or I know that I want it to be able to be shortened, so I work from that.
Names are tough because I always want it to be perfect.

4. Why did you decide to self-publish your books?

A lot of thought went into it, but ultimately I wanted to keep full control over what went into the novel.
Also because of health reasons it's easier for me to do everything via the Internet.

5. What is the weirdest thing you've ever done?

Went into the sea when it was freezing cold and I was fully clothed, in fairness it wasn't planned, I collapsed.
Other than that I can't think of anything.

Oh I did move house with only 2 weeks notice. My family and I had to pack up 16 years worth of stuff, book the moving vans, and buy all the packing boxes in just 2 weeks! 

6. What is one thing you want to do before you die and why?

Travel, I've never been outside of the UK and I really want to travel. I'm not fussy about where, I just want to see other countries.

7. Do you have a playlist that you listen to while writing?

I don't, though I do listen to music when I write, mostly it's indie/alternative stuff. I love sleeping at last right now, great band and also Angus and Julia Stone.

8. Do you have any tips for people starting to write?

Read a lot and always have something with you that you can write on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed it.
~Sammy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...