Saturday, January 5, 2013

Interview with Elizabeth Los

Hey guys!

So here is an interview I had with Elizabeth Los, author of Second on The Right. Hope you enjoy it!


Me: Where do you find your inspiration to write your books?
Elizabeth: In dreams. I have the strangest dreams, some in which I remember every detail. Usually, those dreams are ones that left me with a good feeling. They inspired me to write. The writing doesn't necessarily turn into a novel, but it is a good exercise for me to take what I see in my dream and put it on paper for someone else to "see".

Me: When did you decide you wanted to become a writer?Elizabeth: August 2012. I know, it wasn't that long ago. 

Me: Why did you decide to self-publish your book?
The story I published I had actually written over a year and a half ago. I wasn't planning on publishing it until a friend encouraged me....well, maybe pester is more accurate. ;)
Either way, I'm glad she did. 

Me: How do you come up with the title, setting, and character names?
I had one title in mind, but was afraid it wouldn't convey what the story was truly about. I did some research for a while, toyed with several titles until I finally settled on one. 
The setting was easy. Again, research research research! I knew what I wanted, I just needed to find a place that looked similar. 
The names of my characters? That was the hardest thing for me to do. There are some names in my mind that I associate with feelings, situations, etc. Because of that, those names are eliminated from my ever using them. I've gone through the baby name books, but that hasn't really been helpful. If the name doesn't feel right, I won't be able to write the story.

Me: Are you currently working on a new project?
I am working on one or two short stories and am playing around with details for a second novel. I haven't found my niche yet, so I'm not sure what genre I'd be best at writing. Maybe young adult? 

Me: Who is your celebrity crush?
Wow...this is a tough question. ;) My crushes change like the wind and are not typical of someone my age, etc. Plus, I tend to have crushes towards those that show good character traits: kindness, loyalty to family/loved ones, etc. At this time my list is rather long. I call it my "good list" on Pinterest (http://pinterest.com/santaflash/good-...) and I'm always adding to it!

Me: What is the weirdest thing you've ever done?
I memorized and "performed" the dance routine typically done by my High School's drill team for friends...in the subways of San Francisco.


 
Author's Bio:
I'm married and a mother of two beautiful children (yes, I'm biased!). I've been working in the medical field for almost 10 years.
I had written stories during my years in college but never took it
seriously. It was more something fun to do for a friend. Years later,
I had a very, detailed dream. I immediately wrote it out and emailed
it to that same friend. She quickly wrote back encouraging me to write
more. That was almost two years ago. Since then, I've used writing as
a means to relieve stress from work, or just life in general. It was
only recently that I was encouraged to published one of my stories.






~Sammy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...