Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The City of Bones Review


Hey guys! I finished The City of Bones a few days ago, but am writing this now! Yay! hahaha. Sadly, I don't have the next book with me to read at the moment. :( And I just finished reading My Soul to Take. That review is coming right after I finish writing this and that. I'll have to read my e-books for now then.

Book Cover:

Review:
This is a brilliant world to slip into and explore. It's cool and amazing. It has several twists. I love the motorcycles. I wish I had one for the night. Hehe. Especially if it comes with Jace. It's a package deal. ;) OK, enough about my little fantasy. There was one part where they mentioned Abbadon. I was like Oh. My. Gosh. Because Jack Force from Blue Bloods was Abbadon, so that got my little worlds to get mixed and stuff and I was like ahhh! So back to reality/the book, it's just great.

The little twist between Clary and Jace really pissed me off! Why?! Why?! Don't worry, I won't tell you guys what it is. You have to read it to find out. My lips are sealed. hehe. Trust me if  you are a fan of Clary and Jace you'll be just as disappointed and mad. Why'd Valentine have to ruin it! I still don't believe Valentine. I'll need Jocelyn to prove it. Even then I won't be too sure. Maybe they'll convince me in the next installment.

I always knew that Luke was a good guy, which I had him as my uncle-ish person. :P Though, I would never guess that he is that. Now Hodge. Boy, he sure is full of surprises, hey? I wouldn't want him to be my uncle-ish person. I would be so mad. In the beginning I'd be fine, but the end gosh I'd want to kill him. Hahaha. Don't worry, I'm not going crazy murderer on you guys or anything. ;)

When I was reading about Magnus Bane and Alec, I wanted to laugh so bad but couldn't. I don't find anything wrong with them or anything. It's just funny about how they acted. Like here (little teaser :D): He dropped a glittery wink at Alec, who looked astounded. "Call me?" I just think that that was funny. I think Jace figured it out, but has kept his mouth shut. If not, man he must be blinded. xD

Cassandra Clare has great narrative skills. The story was told wonderfully. Her word choice was great. It wasn't too simple like a children book. Nor was it too complicated like... A dictionary? :P OK, OK. Like... Shakespear? I can't really think of any... It was somewhere in the middle and it sounded totally natural. Good job Cassandra!

Rating
Did this book meet my high expectations? I met a great deal of it, though it could be better which is why it is only 4 stars not 5. I really wish she hadn't made that little twist between Jace and Clary.
Would I recommend this book and to who? Yep. I would. Just to who? I'm not so sure. I guess just anyone who loves YA. Be prepared for a huge twist though. That really could piss you off and just make you not want to read any further, but just stick with us okay? :)



Alright. Bye!
~Sammy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...