Sunday, July 22, 2012

Shelf Candy #1


This is Shelf Candy! A weekly meme hosted by Five Alarm Book Reviews. Click here for the rules and how you can participate. :)
Every week I will be posting a fun cover of a book. Some I may have read. Others I haven't.
I was supposed to do this yesterday but I didn't so I'm doing it today! :P Now, to the CANDY! xD

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

I think the cover is really cool how they have the man just standing there over the city. You can tell it's one of the characters (for those who haven't read the book yet, I won't say who it is). It helps those without that good of an imagination figure out what the character is supposed to look like. I just think the whole cover is cool.

Summery:

When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder -- much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Then the body disappears into thin air. It's hard to call the police when the murderers are invisible to everyone else and when there is nothing -- not even a smear of blood -- to show that a boy has died. Or was he a boy?

This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. It's also her first encounter with Jace, a Shadowhunter who looks a little like an angel and acts a lot like a jerk. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know. . . .

Designer: Cliff Nielsen



2 comments:

  1. Hi Samantha! I am so glad that you are joining us. City of Bones is a great choice for SC. The lighting and overlay are great, but the thing that I find extra intriguing about the design is that it would be the obvious approach to put set the city as the background, but instead it is craftily used in the foreground. Thank you for sharing it and for giving Cliff Nielsen some much deserved credit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. :) I'm happy to join. Yes Cliff Nielsen deserves quite some credit. :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...