Thursday, July 19, 2012

Inkspell Review


Hey guys! I finished Inkspell sometime in June, but I didn't write the review because I was too lazy to. I wanted to write it, but I was too lazy to actually do it. :P I don't have Inkdeath just yet, but I'd love to read it soon.

Book Cover:

Review:
Inkspell is such a fun and sad story. There's a lot of death in it, because there is a battle. Cornelia did great in writing this and keeping the characters true to who they are, although Mo had changed a bit but that is part of the plot. There are truely some sad parts. I even cried because of some of it.

What angers me in this books, is how Farid makes Maggie do all these things that she knows she shouldn't do. It also angers me how Fenoglio makes such silly decisions and makes Maggie read things she knows she shouldn't. However that is life. People make silly decisions upon silly reasons. They make others do things that could hurt them emotionally or physically because of their wants.

Cornelia was so smart in making a story within a story. How creative?! Especially since they actually enter the story rather than simply tell it. Cool, right? I wish I could enter a story and see it through my own eyes, not just slipping into the character's skin.

Maggie has such a kind heart that she couldn't dare hurt Farid or Fenoglio and I feel like they use that against her. But then again it is also her arrogance that caused her to enter the story in the first place. But still, Fenoglio and Farid shouldn't ask her to do those things. They knew for sure that she would say yes, becuase of how kind she is. I feel bad that she has to go through all that pain. It isn't just homesickness. It is also the terror and injuries that are happening to her and her love ones.

Mortimer (Mo) is so brave. The way he battles. It seems like it could be his passion though we all know it isn't. His passion is bookbinding. After all he is the "book doctor". No one has ever seen him like he is there.

The previous book in the series was made a movie and so I wonder, why isn't this one? It should be! It would be wonderful to watch this. Though nothing is as good as one's imagination. Even with that said, it would still be cool to watch this as a movie. What went wrong? Did something bad happen to Inkheart the movie? Were there just too many bad remarks that made them not want to make the sequel? It's a shame that the other one hasn't been made. I hope it does sometime in the near future.


Rating
Did this book meet my high expectations? Yes it did. Of course like everything, it could use some tweeking.
Would you recommend this book and to who? Yeah. This would be good to anyone who likes to read YA books or would like anything different.



That's it. Bye!
~Sammy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...