Thursday, June 21, 2012

A Lick of Frost Review

Hey guys! I finished reading A Lick Of Frost by Laurell K. Hamilton last night, so here's my review for it. Spoiler Alert!

A Lick of Frost is an exciting, thrilling book. There are some sex scenes though, so I suggest younger readers not to read this. Or if you just don't really like or feel comfortable reading those sort of scenes then this isn't the right book for you to read.
Laurell did a great job at describing and creating the story. I loved it.
Princess Merry is such a brave young girl. It was a great experience slipping into her skin and going through what she went through. She went through many sad things, but there were also happy moments. Sadly they whenever something happy happened something sad happened.
Doyle, or darkness, is an amazing character. He's so brave and strong and wonderful. He understands Merry so well and will do great as one of her husbands, children's fathers, and king. I have to agree with Merry in favoring him.
Frost. Oh Frost. I feel his pain. Why did he have to be the one to be sacrificed? :O I loved him so much. Oh how my heart grieves for him. But when he was still human, he was so kind, strong, and brave. He was always right up there with Doyle. I wish he was there to raise his children with Merry and become king.
King Taranis. Ugh! He disgusts me! He is just disturbing. He tried to kill Merry when she was a child. Now in the conference room, he puts an attraction spell on her and attacks her men?! Then later he knocks her unconcious and rapes her! Disguisting! I know no good thing to say about him. His own niece! He tried to get his own niece pregnant!
This is an odd but interesting and fun story. I find it funny and interesting how the men find it a game/competetion to make Merry pregnant and become king.
Did this become reach my high expectations? Yes! I did! It was wonderful!
Would I recommend this book and to who? I would definetly recommend this book. Maybe to young adults and those who are comfortable with sex scenes. But ofcourse you have to enjoy paranormal romance and YA to be able to read this.

Alright that's it! See ya!
~Sammy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...