Saturday, February 18, 2012

First Review for books!!! :)

Hey all!

So, I thought I'd write a review for Vampire Academy. If you have any requests for books I should read and review, then just post it in the comments or send me an email at info@samanthaarnold.info

Here's the review:
The teenagers' actions, feelings and thoughts were realistic.
Dimitri is an honorable, understanding and interesting character. He can teach a lot to Rose.
Rose is mature in her own way, that few character seem to fail to see. Yes, she is a party animal and flirt, but that is only her way of trying to have fun and make all she can out of life.
I understand why Rose and Dimitri have attraction to each other. Their lives are very much in sync. They are both hard to control, but know the line between right and wrong and would prefer to not cross it. Their love is very strong and intimate. I must say that I am kinda addicted to their romance. However, I fail to see how nobody except for Victor and Natalie has noticed it.
Lissa seems to me like an ordinary teenager girl turned into a Moroi. She isn't into all that goth or emo stuff. She is in fact a little girly, but to girly as to where she goes into the whole obsession with pink. She is in fact very strong for a girl who normally doesn't have all the air sucked out of her then thrust back in or kidnapped and tortured by a loved one. I, for one, wouldn't be able to handle that. I think, She in fact would be a great role model to younger girls.
Victor is a surprising character to me. I had not expected him to betray Lissa and torture her no matter how sick he was. I most definitely did not expect him to convince his daughter to become a Strigoi. Even after kidnapping Lissa, I still didn't expect him to go that far to killing his own daughter. Yes, yes, he didn't actually kill her. It was in Dimitri's hands, but he had convinced her to turn into a Strigoi, there for it was his fault.
Did this book meet my high expectations? Yes, it most definately did! In fact in some ways it overcame my expectations.
Would I recommend it and who? Yes, I most definitely would. I'd recommend it to all fantasy and vampire lovers.

(2nd Quote of the day)
Some books should be tasted, some devoured, but only a few should be chewed and digested thoroughly ~ Cornelia Funke, Inkheart

Always Dream! :]
xoxo,
Sammy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...